1. Success isn’t stagnant. A business that stops innovating after being successful will be overtaken. To stay successful, you need to keep innovating, disrupting, & reinventing. This fact is not just true for businesses, but in life too. Change is a fact of life, and those that don’t keep up with change get outmoded, outdated, and eventually become redundant.
Those that don’t keep up with change get outmoded, outdated, and eventually become redundant.
2. Disruption does not just happen at one level - it can happen at any and every level, including product/service, logistics, customer service, internal systems, & even personnel.
Innovation and disruption can happen at any and every level.
3. A lot of innovative businesses have whole teams dedicated to finding ways to disrupt & innovate because they understand just how important it is to stay on the cutting edge. Organisations like Microsoft, Apple and Google have dedicated divisions for R&D for a reason…
Staying on the cutting edge is important.
4. If you don’t innovate and stay on the cutting edge, others will. Especially for businesses, innovation is essential for long term success.
If you don’t stay ahead, you will fall behind.
5. Kodak = failed to innovate and stay on the cutting edge, and the rest is history.
Failing to stay ahead is a costly mistake.
You can get the book here.